I downloaded Froyo today for the Epic. Got some really nice new features. You can see the official procedure for installing, along with a list of improvements here. I was pleasantly surprised to find some features that weren’t on the list.
Here’s what I’ve noticed so far:
- “Badge” on the e-mail app icon to show you how many new messages you have, like an iphone’s e-mail app. Very nice.
- Sort contacts by last name (and a separate option to display them last name, first name or first name, last name)
- Text size option for the e-mail client — no more easy reader sized fonts when reading plaintext e-mail messages!
- Improved messaging app — cartoon bubble style display, like iphone. Nice improvement.
- Specific notification settings for calendar items. So now you can disable notifications in the main Settings, but still have calendar notifications. This is a really good change.
- Better control over e-mail sync settings – you can have one setting for peak hours (like “push”) and one for off-peak (like “every 15 minutes”) to help manage battery consumption; better yet, the peak days/hours are configurable.